OTC introduced its new Evolve diagnostic tool at the SEMA show. The tool, powered by Bosch, will offer best-in-class vehicle coverage, continuously improving speed, performance and usability in order to meet the needs of technicians, says the company.
The OTC Evolve will be able to diagnose more than 25,000 vehicle systems and 58,000 vehicle ECU combinations using new Bravo 3.0 software and a fast Android operating system. Capabilities will also include performing more than 11,000 actuation tests and more than 1,400 adjustment tests, the OTC Evolve will enable a streamlined diagnostic process for any issues that a technician may encounter.
The ruggedized tablet will feature an industry-leading 10.4” optically bonded screen providing visibility in most conditions, including direct sunlight. Dual WiFi architecture means a dedicated WiFi connection to the included J2534-compliant wireless VCI with simultaneous Internet connection to the shop, so technicians can move freely to check and test components while still being connected to the vehicle. The diagnostic kit will include a tablet docking station and backpack for storage.
Evolve Scan Functionality:
- OEM Domestic, Asian and European Bidirectional Controls
- OEM Domestic, Asian and European OBD II Enhanced
- OEM Domestic, Asian and European OBD I (with optional cables)
- All 10 Modes of OBD II
- 30 years of vehicle coverage, 1986 to present
- Optional Heavy-Duty Generic Coverage
- Multiple Language Support
- Internet upgradeable for coverage and vehicle updates
The OTC Evolve will help you fix faster with more on-tool repair information and resources, including:
- Full-system wiring diagrams for most vehicles, exclusive to Evolve
- Scan and Scope Troubleshooting Repair Information
- On-tool repair information from Repair-Trac and Code-Assist DTC VIN-Specific Tech Tips
- Symptom-Assist Specific Tech Tips
- One-click Identifix Direct-Hit web-based Info, subscription required
- AutoDetect to Auto ID CAN vehicles in less than 5 seconds
- Embedded Training Videos
- Direct-linking to multiple web-based repair tools
For more information on OTC tools, visit OTCTools.com.