Courtesy of NAPA Belden and the “Take the Lead” sweepstakes, 10 lucky winners and their guests recently went on a two-day, once-in-a-lifetime trip to experience NAPA racing firsthand with exclusive access to Martin Truex Jr. and Michael Waltrip, as well as the Richard Petty Driving Experience at the speedway in Charlotte.
NAPA Belden “Take the Lead” technician sweepstakes winners:
• Travis Clarke, Earl’s Quality Car Care, Peachtree City, GA;
• Robert Adams, Kendall Service, La Porte, IN;
• David Adams, Hanson Auto Repair, Blue Earth, MN;
• Jeff McIntyre, Complete Car Care, Erie, CO; and
• James Clay, Clay’s Service Center, Inc., Mechanicsburg, PA
NAPA Belden “Take the Lead” motorist sweepstakes winners:
• Virginia Longstreet, St. Cloud, FL;
• Joe Kershenbaum, Lowell, MA;
• Luis Avila, Okarche, OK;
• John Vanderhelm, Salida, CA; and
• Tyler Vo, Owings Mills, MD.
“For two days, the ‘Take the Lead’ sweepstakes winners lived and breathed NAPA racing,” said Stephen Ponticelli, NAPA Belden national sales manager. “Everyone had a lot fun and it was incredibly exciting for the winners to meet Martin Truex Jr. and Michael Waltrip, as well as drive their own race cars around the track with the Richard Petty Driving Experience. It truly was the trip-of-a-lifetime for the winners and an experience that they will never forget. NAPA Belden was especially proud to provide the wire sets for the cars that all of the winners drove at the speedway.”
The “Take the Lead” trip included:
• Behind-the-scenes tour of Michael Waltrip Racing at Raceworld USA, including the #56 hauler and a dinner reception in the #56 garage including a meet and greet with Martin Truex Jr. and Michael Waltrip;
• Driving a NASCAR-style race car with the Richard Petty Driving Experience;
• NAPA team pit crew demonstration with hands on winner participation;
• Visit to the Sam Bass Gallery of Motorsports Art including a Sam Bass original commemorative drawing of the event signed by Bass, Martin Truex Jr. and Michael Waltrip; and
• Airfare and hotel accommodations.
NAPA Belden also gave away limited edition “Take the Lead” collectible caps to 2,500 additional winners.
About NAPA Belden:
NAPA Echlin has partnered with NAPA Belden to offer Belden Premium Spark Plug Wires, featuring patented technological advancements and easy out-of-the-box installation. With a long history of design innovation, Echlin’s product expertise and manufacturing capabilities help make Belden the most trusted name in spark plug wires for import and domestic vehicles. For more information, visit www.napabelden.com.