NASCAR took Las Vegas by storm last month to crown 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion Jimmie Johnson. But Johnson, Crew Chief Chad Knaus and the No. 48 crew weren’t the only top performers to take home honors in Las Vegas.
Thanks to NASCAR Prize Money & Decal Program special award sponsors, many other top drivers, crew chiefs and team members also received well-deserved recognition during the week-long celebration.
A total of 14 highly coveted year-end special awards were presented at the annual NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Ceremony on Dec. 3. It was an opportunity for NASCAR Prize Money & Decal Program special award sponsors to recognize individuals and teams for their overall efforts and accomplishments during the 2009 season.
Below is a complete list of all 2009 NASCAR Prize Money & Decal Program Year-End Awards, the sponsors who proudly presented them, and the winners who graciously accepted the accolades:
• Coors Light Pole Award – Mark Martin;
• DIRECTV Crew Chief of the Year Award – Darian Grubb;
• DOW Automotive Strategic Call of the Race Award – Jimmie Johnson;
• Goodyear Tires Award – Jimmie Johnson;
• Goodyear Gatorback Belts Fastest Lap Award – Jimmie Johnson;
• MAHLE Clevite Engine Builder of the Year Award – Shane Parsnow, Hendrick Motorsports;
• Mechanix Wear Most Valuable Pit Crew Award – Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, No. 42 Pit Crew;
• Mobil 1 Command Performance Driver of the Year Award – Juan Pablo Montoya;
• MOOG Chassis Parts Problem Solver of the Year Award – Drew Blickensderfer;
• O’Reilly Auto Parts People, Service & Performance Award – Denny Hamlin;
• Raybestos Rookie of the Year Award – Joey Logano;
• Sunoco Diamond Performance Award – Jimmie Johnson;
• Tissot Pit Road Precision Award – Roush-Fenway Racing, Greg Biffle and No. 16 Pit Crew;
• WIX Filters Lap Leader Award – Tony Stewart.
Administered by NASCAR Automotive Group, the NASCAR Prize Money & Decal Program (commonly referred to as the Contingency Program) strives to build and maintain strong relationships with high quality, performance-driven brands that are leaders in their respective categories. NASCAR Sprint Cup Series competitors become eligible for awards by displaying program decals on the front fender of their race vehicles and, in some instances, use of a sponsor’s product.