AAPEX 2018 presented its new Best Booth Awards to nine exhibiting companies during a ceremony on Wednesday, Oct. 31, at this year’s event in Las Vegas.
Premiere specialists from different parts of the exhibition industry toured the show floor during AAPEX to select the winners using design, exhibition best practices and staffing as the criteria. Judges were Kimberly Hardcastle Geddes, CEM, president, Marketing Design Group; Dana Freker Doody, vice president, Communications and Strategic Client Solutions, The Expo Group; and Nancy Drapeau, PRC, senior research director, CEIR – The Center for Exhibition Industry Research.
Bill Hanvey, president and CEO of the Auto Care Association, and Bill Long, president and COO, of the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA), presented the awards.
The two Best of Show awards went to Ullman Devices, booth 856, 10 x 10 or Linear – Both Levels; and Gates Corporation, booth 4038, Peninsula or Island, Both Levels.
Winners also were announced in the following categories:
- Best 10 x 10 Booth – Level 1: Korea Ocean Biocluster, booth 7606, for good use of color and branding, integration of technology and a friendly and on message booth staff.
- Best Linear 200 sq. ft. or more Booth – Level 1: BG Automotive, booth 7638, for product displays on outside periphery, attention grabbing display, good use of space and incorporating their product and meeting area.
- Best Small Peninsula (under 800 sq. ft.) – Level 1: Zhejiang Master Injection System Co., Ltd., booth 10046, for cohesive branding, strong color, good use of signage, lighting and multidimensional booth.
- Best 10 x 10 Booth – Level 2: BTS Industries, booth 4545, for good lighting, well-organized product, efficient use of space, and attentive and engaging booth staff.
- Best Linear 200 sq. ft. or more Booth – Level 2: Ullman Devices, booth 856, for seamless visuals with effective branding, smart integrated use of product demo and engaged and energetic booth staff.
- Best Small Peninsula (under 800 sq. ft.) – Level 2: Norma Group, booth 5546, for clear communication of the value proposition and key messages, use of color, lighting, florals and product display.
- Best Large Peninsula (over 800 sq. ft.) – Both Levels: MYCHANIC, booth 1871, for good signage, multiple levels, placing attendees in a familiar-feeling environment conducive for doing business, good use of color and strong branding.
- Best Small Island (under 800 sq. ft.) – Both Levels: Sampa Otomotiv, booth 42015, for artfully highlighting products, natural elements, lighting and floral work that creates an exquisite environment for attendees.
- Best Large Island (over 800 sq. ft.) – Both Levels: Gates Corporation, booth 4038, for an inviting kinesthetic and three-dimensional display, good use of technology with a virtual reality component and actual product, plus signage that incorporates the company’s employees.
AAPEX represents the $740 billion global automotive aftermarket industry and ran from Oct. 30 through Nov. 1, at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas.
AAPEX 2018 features more than 2,500 exhibiting companies displaying the latest products, services and technologies. More than 47,000 targeted buyers were expected to attend, and approximately 162,000 automotive aftermarket professionals from 135 countries were projected to be in Las Vegas during AAPEX 2018.