AutoInc., the official publication of the Automotive Service Association (ASA), recently selected its annual “Top 10 Automotive Repair Websites” honorees, which was published in the magazine’s January 2011 issue. Since its inception 13 years ago, AutoInc.’s annual Top 10 feature has been a guide to help shop owners understand the capabilities of the Internet in the automotive repair industry.
AutoInc.’s Top 10 of 2011 includes (in alphabetical order):
• Auburn Foreign & Domestic Complete Auto Service, Auburn, WA, www.auburnforeigncar.com
• Auto Pro To Call, Chapel Hill, NC, www.autoprotocall.com
• Evergreen Autoworks, Mill Creek, WA, www.evergreenautoworks.com
• Integrity Automotive Maintenance and Repair, Issaquah, WA, www.integrityautorepair.com
• Menke’s Automotive Repair, Newburgh, IN, www.menkesauto.com
• Milstead Automotive, Spring, TX, www.milsteadautomotive.com
• Pfefferle Tire and Automotive Service, Fairfield & Hamilton, OH, www.pfefferletire.com
• Precision Automotive Services, Spring, TX, www.carswellauto.com
• West Escondido Automotive, Escondido, CA, www.westescondidoauto.com
• Sparks Computerized Car Care, Omaha, NE, www.sparksccc.com
Each year, AutoInc. judges review scores of website submissions and narrow the field to what they consider to be the best. The goal is to help other shops employ the Internet as a powerful tool and show them how fellow shop owners use the web to improve productivity, enhance marketing programs and, ultimately, increase their businesses’ bottom lines.
Judges use set guidelines and a scoring sheet to evaluate specific features of each site uniformly. Sites are evaluated using the following criteria:
• First impression
• Visual design
• Encourages action
• Consumer friendliness
The Automotive Service Association is the largest not-for-profit trade association of its kind dedicated to and governed by independent automotive service and repair professionals. ASA serves an international membership base that includes numerous affiliate, state and chapter groups from both the mechanical and collision repair segments of the automotive service industry. ASA’s headquarters is in Bedford, Texas.