Hot on the heels of the hugely successful Coats APX90, Hennessy Industries announces the newest addition to the APX tire changer family the COATS APX80 A/E Rim Clamp. The APX80 is a premium unit with power helper devices designed to provide steady day-to-day performance with the flexibility to service both standard and larger tires with ease.
“With the APX80, we have created a machine that helps shops handle the most popular assemblies as well as tough, high-performance tires and wheels,” said Andrew Vecci, Hennessy’s group marketing manager for tire-service solutions. “If you require a workhorse tire changer, but still need to handle the larger tires that come through your door, this is the ideal step-up machine.”
As a shop’s larger tire service grows, the upgradeable APX80 can grow with it. The machine features optional upgrades to make servicing very large diameter, run-flat and low-profile tires jobs even easier.
“The APX80 also has intuitive operator-friendly controls that minimize the technician learning curve,” Vecci added. “More than ever, tire dealers need to consistently deliver an outstanding service experience in order to compete. This new machine helps them do just that.”
Features and benefits of the APX80 include:
- Clamping capacity of 9-inch to 30-inch external and 11-inch to 32-inch internal for servicing today’s wide range of tires and wheels.
- Industry-prevailing rim clamp style operation means a short learning curve for technicians.
- Applies smart ergonomics, with intuitive controls located at the point of actuation requires only one operator regardless of tire size/difficulty.
- Can easily handle special applications, such as negative offset or reverse mount rims, without additional adapters.
The APX80 was built with helper devices to make servicing the toughest wheels an easy task while reducing operator effort. The technician can use all, some or no helpers at all depending on the particular job to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Three-Position Bead Loosener Exclusive design enables complete power-in, power-out and stop-control over the bead-loosening shoe for increased productivity.
- RoboArm Applies direct pressure from cylinder to create bead lock and provide extra leverage on run-flat and low-profile tires.
- Duckhead Roller Keeps bead in drop center on run-flat and low-profile tires.
- Horizontal Power Rollers Provide easy bead and rim lubrication, assists in mounting, and demounts lower bead without tire tool.
To learn more, see your COATS distributor or visit www.ammcoats.com. If you have questions, call Carol Morris at (615) 641-7533.