“Venom is a new evolution of the Mini-Ductor Series, which has been the leading hand-held induction heater on the market since it was launched in 2004,” said Tom Gough, president of Induction Innovations. “Venom’s feature set allows users to repair vehicles and equipment faster, safer and more profitably, and to salvage parts normally discarded.”
7 New Features
As with its predecessor, the Mini-Ductor II, Venom generates invisible heat to release ferrous and some non-ferrous metals from corrosion and thread lock compounds without the dangers of open flame and up to 90% faster – 3/4” nuts are turned red hot in less than 15 seconds.
Venom also includes the following enhancements over the Mini-Ductor II:
- Angled Design with Trigger: Venom’s lightweight, ergonomic design allows for induction heat to access hard-to-reach places more easily.
- Coil Twist Lock: coils now lock down with one simple turn (no more thumb screws) and Venom works with all Mini-Ductor coils.
- LED Usage Indicator: a red LED will light under fault conditions and green LED lights while the trigger is active and the tool is heating properly.
- Fault Override Delay: any event that causes the red LED to illuminate will protect the tool by starting a three-second lock out.
- Fan Operation Enhancements: the fan continues to run after the trigger is released to aid in thermal cycle time reduction, and will stay powered when the thermal switch opens to aid in cooling the tool.
- User-Controlled LED Switch: as long as the tool is powered and the internal power supply is operating, the LED will remain lit when the switch is on.
- Two-year limited warranty: Venom has a two-year parts and labor warranty.
The Mini-Ductor Venom includes: Mini-Ductor Venom handheld induction heater; 3 basic coils: 7/8″ Preformed Coil, U-Form Coil and Bearing Buddy Coil; rugged plastic carrying case; operator manual; and two-year warranty that covers parts and labor.
Venom uses include removing/releasing the following:
- ABS sensors
- Brake bleeder nuts
- Corroded exhaust
- Fuel tank straps
- Heat treating
- Heavy undercoatings applied over hardware
- Inline connectors
- Metal fabrication
- Manifold bolts
- O2 sensors
- Seat belt bolts
- Soft hail dents
- Steering/suspension components
- Tie rod sleeves/ends
- Truck bed bolts
- Zirk fittings
The 110V Venom will start shipping in the U.S. and Canada during the first quarter of 2016. A 220V version will be released during the second quarter of 2016.