The distinctive crisp, bold exhaust note and great interior sound delivered by a premium CORSA performance exhaust system is now available in a new family of dB Series Mufflers for 1986-2004 V8 Ford Mustangs.
Featuring a straight-through, non-restrictive design for increased horsepower and CORSA’s patented "drone busting" Reflective Sound Cancellation (RSC) technology the new dB Series Mufflers significantly reduce cabin resonance and unwanted drone at cruising speeds, without disrupting exhaust flow.
The 100% premium stainless steel, oval-design mufflers can be fitted to popular V8 Mustangs including all 1986-2004, 4.6L and 5.0L-equipped, LX, GT and Cobra models.
"This is the first time we have adapted our proprietary RSC technology to an oval-shaped product. Traditionally, we’ve offered complete cat-back systems with round mufflers for late-model luxury and performance vehicles," said Jim Browning, Sr., founder and president, CORSA Performance Exhausts. "Our new dB Series Mufflers represent what enthusiasts have long demanded increased horsepower and torque, and the bold CORSA sound for older model vehicles."
The dB Series Muffler for Mustangs is offered in two case configurations to achieve the fit customers need. These include:
– Double offsets/same side (1999-2004 Cobra); and
– Double offsets/opposite sides (1986-2004 LX and GT V8).
Each case configuration is also available in three pipe diameters 2.25", 2.5" and 3.0" (coming soon) to fit almost any exhaust system.
Furthermore, CORSA’s new muffler is available in two distinct sound levels to suit the preference of particular drivers:
Red Label: Aggressive with more street performance/race sound.
– V8 Mustangs only where increased horsepower and sound are desired;
– Mustangs with headers and high-flow catalytic converters, or no catalytic converters; and
– Aggressive exterior sound under throttle (especially with headers and no cats).
– RSC technology to eliminate or significantly reduce drone/resonance; and
– O.E. quality dissipative material to "soften" higher frequency noise.
Black Label: Most aggressive with a "wide open" sound; delivers an extreme V8 sound, both inside and out.
– V8 Mustangs only where increased power and sound are desired;
– Vehicles with stock manifolds, stock catalytic converters and/or milder engines (will deliver a great street performance sound and distinctive tone); and
– Vehicles with headers and high-flow catalytic converters, or no catalytic converters (will deliver extreme V8 muscle/race car sound).
– Very aggressive exterior sound under throttle (especially with headers and no cats); and
– RSC technology to eliminate or significantly reduce drone/resonance.
CORSA’s dB Series Muffler for 1986-2004 V8 Mustangs is backed by a limited lifetime rust-through warranty. For more information, Mustang enthusiasts can visit www.corsaperformance.com.
As for other muscle car owners, good news is on the horizon, as CORSA will continually develop and validate its dB Series Mufflers as "acoustically approved" for fitment on additional V8s including the Camaro and Chevelle, as well as Hemi-powered vehicles.
Focusing on the development of proprietary technology, CORSA Performance employs patented Reflective Sound Cancellation technology in its performance automotive exhaust systems. CORSA’s 100 percent stainless steel cat-back exhausts are specifically tuned to each vehicle to eliminate passenger cabin resonance and to produce just the right sound. CORSA offers performance exhaust systems and accessories for cars, trucks and SUVs.
For more information, visit www.corsaperformance.com, or contact CORSA Performance, 140 Blaze Industrial Parkway, Berea, OH 44017, phone (800) 486-0999 or fax (440) 891-1868.