OTC has released a new update to its Encore software, which includes expanded diagnostic capabilities and even more vehicle coverage. The latest release, Bravo 2.8, features major software updates to help technicians fix faster, says the company.
Important highlights of the software release include special tests to assist with diagnosing various issues for many domestic, Asian and European models. The update offers an enhanced user experience and an improved interface which provides more information on header bars and the diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) scan screen. Technicians also now have the ability to turn on or off live data during special tests with the software update. In total, the release increases coverage for 192 new systems and 1,433 new vehicle-ECU combinations.
Additional Encore software enhancements include:
• Expanded Ford Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) key programming;
• Zero point calibration tests for numerous Nissan models;
• Automated EVAP tests for numerous Toyota models;
• Expanded coverage for ZF steering systems tests for numerous Audi, BMW and Mini models;
• Improved power balance test for Ford models, featuring an extended run time and the ability to run back-to-back tests; and
• Automatically boots up in Live Mode
More information on the latest Encore software update release can be found at OTCTools.com/products/otc-encore.