Every year, same-level slips, trips and falls send 5 million people to the emergency room — costing American businesses nearly $11 billion in direct costs according to the 2017 Liberty Mutual Workplace Safety Index.
New Pig has introduced PIG Slips, Trips, and Falls Online Training for beginner or intermediate level trainees.
The 26-minute video is broken into short modules lasting one to three minutes each and features original content presented in easy-to-understand ways. State-of-the-art 3D animation demonstrates real-world tactics that apply to everyday workplace applications. The program automatically adapts to play on any computer, projector, tablet or smartphone regardless of connection speed.
Designed to keep workers awake and involved for high retention and on-the-job action, topics covered include the following:
- differences between slips, trips and falls
- common causes and preventions
- tips for walking on slippery surfaces and stairs
- proper procedures for the use of ladders
- steps to take to resolve hazards after identification
- first aid for slip, trip and fall injuries.
- In addition, quizzes engage users as they work toward their certificate of completion – one certificate per user license. Online training is offered with structured pricing for organizations of all sizes, and login details are emailed within 24 hours of ordering.
To view a clip of the training and for more information, click here or call 1-800-HOT-HOGS.