The Snap-on family of diagnostic tools gets supercharged for stronger starts and faster finishes with Software Upgrade 14.2. The latest upgrade helps professional technicians work at peak performance with new features such as One-Touch Code Scan and the addition of Porsche coverage with the optional European software. Upgrade 14.2 also includes new 2013 domestic and Asian model year coverage for Acura, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Kia and Mitsubishi vehicles. Plus, with the Snap-on Software Subscription technicians can not only get Software Upgrade 14.2, but they will get an entire year’s worth of software upgrades for about the same cost as buying just one.
“Serious shops and technicians can’t afford not to have the most-up-to-date diagnostic software,” said Bill Bruno, vice president of marketing for Snap-on Diagnostics. “With the Snap-on Software Subscription, technicians get all of the latest coverage from this release, all of the coverage from previous upgrades and upgrades to come, so they’ll be ready for most any vehicle that rolls into the bay.”
The Snap-on Software Subscription program delivers continuous comprehensive data for late-model and older vehicles, including thousands of new vehicle systems, trouble codes, live data parameters, experienced-based Troubleshooter tips, functional tests, adaptations and other coverage available only with this program. In addition to keeping diagnostic tools updated without having to think about it, the program offers lowers payments with the option to pay weekly or monthly, whichever works best.
The Snap-on Software Upgrade 14.2 is the biggest update yet with 37,100 new and enhanced codes, tests, tips and data, with 10,400 new Fast-Track Troubleshooter Tips and Timesavers and more than 11,400 Guided Component Tests. The latest upgrade also includes SureTrack, the support community that puts even more expert knowledge at technicians’ fingertips.
Highlights of Software Upgrade 14.2 include, but are not limited to:
• One-Touch Code Scan feature performs an automated health check on GM, Honda, Acura, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles;
• All new Porsche coverage for 2003 to 2013 models with the optional European software;
• Complete the repair on GM Duramax diesels with the added GM 6.6L Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) relearn;
• Auto-ID late model Ford vehicles, saving time and money;
• Keep the profits in-house with Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicle Body Control Module, including key fob coverage;
• Diagnose, then finalize repairs with the Dodge 6.7L vehicle Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Tests and Resets;
• Achieve greater speed and accuracy with new Guided Component Tests and just-in-time training at the technician’s fingertips; and
• New coverage back to 2005 for all major makes.
The optional European coverage in Software Upgrade 14.2 includes brand new Porsche coverage for 2003-2013 models as well as newly enhanced coverage for 10 other European makes such as Audi, BMW, Fiat, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Smart Car, Volkswagenand Volvo.
To learn more about the new Software Upgrade 14.2 or the Snap-on Software Subscription program, visit http://diagnostics.snapon.com or talk to a Snap-on representative.