Working on European cars can be a challenge and the last thing that technicians need is being let down by their diagnostic tool. That’s why Snap-on continues to increase its optional European coverage available upgrade after upgrade, including the new Software Upgrade 15.2. With new and enhanced coverage all the way back to 1998 for Audi, BMW, FIAT, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Porsche, Smart Car, Volkswagen and Volvo, technicians will have confidence from day one to handle every challenge that rolls into the bay.
“With the optional European coverage for Software Upgrade 15.2, it’s what’s inside that matters. You get Snap-on reliability, support and true OEM-specific coverage to expand your diagnostic tool’s capabilities and increase your repair opportunities to grow your business in the European vehicle category,” said Christopher Hockett, product manager, Snap-on Diagnostics.
Highlights of the Software Upgrade 15.2 optional European coverage include, but are not limited to:
• Functional Tests to complete the repair in-house for BMW Injector Coding, Volkswagen and Audi EVAP, and BMW and MINI Steering Column
• Adaptations to take on BMW Clear Transmission and MINI Battery Reset with certainty
• Access to systems for confident diagnosis and repair, such as BMW and MINI TPMS Systems, Mercedes Pneumatic Lock System and Jaguar Door Modules
• Tests and information to save time and remove guesswork for Mercedes Electronic Parking Brake
• OEM-specific tests to finish the job right such as Volvo Door Modules
Software Upgrade 15.2 will keep a technician’s diagnostic tool up-to-date with the most comprehensive software out of the box and miles down the road. The new software provides access to over 93,270 new codes, tests, tips and data for 1998-2014 model years with the most extensive coverage outside the factory tool, said the company. The exclusive Fast-Track Troubleshooter coverage goes all the way back to 1980 with 36,374 new tips and timesavers. Plus, the new software offers 40,730 Guided Component Tests. For select tools, the latest upgrade also includes SureTrack, the online support community that puts even more expert knowledge at technicians’ fingertips.
To learn more about the new Software Upgrade 15.2, the optional European coverage, SureTrack or the Snap-on Software Subscription program, visit http://diagnostics.snapon.com or talk to a Snap-on representative.