The Snap-on Diagnostic Thermal Imager (EETH300) uses infrared technology to make heat “visible” and reveal problems anywhere on a vehicle, such as brakes, heaters, A/C, engine performance, and electrical and bearings, so technicians can to be more accurate and productive in the service bay.
“Since most vehicle faults aren’t visible to the naked eye, the EETH300 is one of those special products that will open technicians’ eyes to a new way of finding faults by making it possible to ‘see’ heat,” said Mark Schaefer, director of marketing, Snap-on Diagnostics. “Using infrared imaging technology, the Diagnostic Thermal Imager reveals the source of the heat to track the faults, including bearing wear, friction, brake heat, misfires, electrical impedance, refrigerant flow, coolant blockage and fluid flow. Technicians will see hot and cold areas of the vehicle components like never before and identify both functioning and non-functioning components easily for a much faster diagnosis.”
Key features of the Diagnostic Thermal Imager include:
• Detailed thermal images made up of 4,800 distinct temperature zones
• Exclusive database of guided tests, automotive applications and reference images to help interpret results
• Reveal heat sources like dragging brakes, heated seats, misfiring cylinders, worn bearings and any other heat source on the car
• Show extreme temperatures up to 840° F
• Automatic scaling to show the temperature of everything in the image
• Provides true imaging and far more insight than infrared thermometers, which only show a single temperature reading
• Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery with a four hour charge life
Designed specifically for automotive technicians, the Diagnostic Thermal Imager also has the ability to save and store images, making it easy to create convincing repair orders for customers.
Detailed product information is available at http://diagnostics.snapon.com/thermal. Expert product support is available in English and Spanish by calling 800- 424-7226.