2004 (CS) Pacifica;
2003-2004 (RS) Town & Country/Caravan/Voyager; and
2003-2004 (RG) Chrysler Voyager (international markets).
The vehicle may exhibit a muffled rattle sound which may be heard during low speed driving on road surfaces with minor fluctuations (such as a parking lot) and may also occur during turning maneuvers.
If the vehicle exhibits the Symptom/Condition, perform the Repair Procedure.
1. Raise the vehicle on a suitable hoist. Refer to the appropriate service manual, Lubrication & Maintenance, Hoisting.
2. Remove both front wheel and tire assemblies.
3. Remove the upper and lower sway bar link nuts and remove the say bar link.
Caution: When installing the nuts to the studs of the sway bar links, do not allow the stud to rotate in its socket. Hold the stud from rotating by placing an open-end wrench on flat machined surface on the stud.
4. Install the new sway bar link. Install the sway bar link nuts and torque to 88 Nm (65 ft.lbs.).
5. Perform steps 3 and 4 on the other side of the vehicle.
6. Install both front wheel and tire assemblies. Refer to the appropriate service manual, Tires/Wheels, Installation.
7. Lower the vehicle.
For additional information, visit www.mitchell1.com.
Technical service bulletin courtesy of Mitchell 1.