GearWrench recently unveiled its new Locking Flex Head Ratchets.
Built upon the original GearWrench 84-Tooth ratchet design, the new flex head ratchets feature a locking lever mechanism for multiple-angle access. This offers technicians nine lockable positions, allowing a high level of control. The locking mechanism keeps the handle secured in position when the head is angled and a load is applied, so the ratchet does not shift in position during use. The low profile head may also be left unlocked for applications where a range of positions is needed. The longer reach handle provides superior access to fasteners in even the tightest of spaces.
“This new GearWrench ratchet is in high demand from automotive professionals and enthusiasts alike,” said Jim Stewart, product manager for GearWrench. “With today’s introduction, we now offer one of the most complete and extensive ranges of ratchets in the market, providing reliable tools for every job.”
Technicians have a need for speed and this new tool delivers. The 84-tooth gear provides a 4.3-degree ratchet arc so users can quickly turn fasteners in tight quarters. With an enclosed head design, the Locking Flex Head Ratchet is also extremely resistant to dirt infiltration, extending the life of the product. The teardrop low profile head and flush mounted on/off switch ensure access is optimized. The new Locking Flex Head Ratchets are available in the following open stock SKUs:
• SKU 81015: 1/4″ Drive Locking Flex Head, Full Polish 7″
• SKU 81016: 1/4″ Drive Locking Flex Head, Cushion Grip 8-1/4″
• SKU 81266: 3/8″ Drive, Locking Flex Head, Full Polish 11-1/2″
• SKU 81267: 3/8″ Drive, Locking Flex Head, Cushion Grip 13-1/2″
• SKU 81362: 1/2″ Drive, Locking Flex Head, Full Polish 17″
• SKU 81363: 1/2″ Drive, Locking Flex Head, Full Polish 24″
Additionally, the Locking Flex Head Ratchets are also available in the following sets, which all come in a vacuum-formed tray for storage:
• SKU 81276: 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″ Full Polish – 3 piece set (81015, 81266, 81362)
• SKU 81275: 1/4″, 3/8″ Cushion Grip – 2 piece set (81016, 81267)
• SKU 81274: 1/4″, 3/8″ Full Polish – 2 piece set (81015, 81266)
“This ratchet will save technicians time in a variety of applications. The flex head design and swing arc increase access, while the locking position keeps the ratchet secure when pressure is applied,” added Stewart.
The 84-tooth gear design of the Locking Flex Head Ratchet also exceeds ASME torque performance requirements.
For more information, visit www.GearWrench.com.