The Pulsar from Innovative Products of America easily troubleshoots and identifies short circuits, parasitic and excessive amperage draws in vehicle electrical circuits. The first tool of its kind, the Pulsar eliminates the time-consuming trial and error method of diagnosing faulty circuits by controlling, limiting and pulsing power into virtually any DC electrical circuit. It features an adjustable current limiter, digital readout with peak hold (100mA to 50A @ 12VDC), and current limit setting (1A-50A).
The #9000 Kit includes ATC mini, standard and maxi fuse box adapters along with a connector for parasitic and bench testing. Once connected to the fuse box, the technician can adjust the current limit to the desired fuse amperage rating and engage the Pulsar. The onboard computer safely monitors the vehicle’s current draw.
The Pulsar can be connected in line with virtually any vehicle’s electrical circuit, e.g., fuse box, fan motors, alternator leads, lights etc. When the Pulsar detects an excessive current draw, it cuts power automatically and enters the Pulsar mode. Power is then continually and safely reapplied every three seconds until the source of the excessive current draw is repaired. Manual mode is a quick and safe way for the technician to pulse a desired level of current to any circuit with the push of a button while monitoring the amperage draw. Versatile and easy to use, the Pulsar is the fastest and the safest solution for troubleshooting the most common electrical issues for today’s technician.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Easily troubleshoot and diagnose electrical systems
• Read Protect and Pulse 100mA – 50A 12VDC circuits
• Electronic Fuse Saver, Parasitic Draw and Bench Testing
• Adjustable Current-Limiter
• Digital Display with Peak Hold
• Connect to any fuse box or circuit with adapters
• 3’ Cable, Mini/Max/Standard adapters and 10 ft. ground connector
• Automatic power pulsing
• Safely read and apply current
• #9001 Master Kit includes: 9 Adapters for every Fuse Box Connection and 2 bench testing/parasitic draw Adapters
The Pulsar will be available in July.
For additional information on products offered by Innovative Products of America, visit www.ipatools.com or call (888) 786-7899.